Friday, May 6, 2011

Registered my domain name today!

The emotional highs and lows of opening a new business are rather interesting. Last week I was consumed with the terror of burgeoning responsibility and debt. This week I have have voraciously been consuming and and all information I can get my hands on, buying book after book about several different aspects of the business, researched menu planning strategies and today I registered my official domain name! This may not be super exciting to some people but to me it is pretty amazing. 
This past several years I held a string of jobs that either were owned by abusive and miserable people or was just plain bored to tears with my every day existence. Yes, I am learning so much about how to run a successful food business but I want the creativity to be mine. I want a place to channel the passion I have for food into something truly special and unique and it is impossible to do that when you are executing some else's dreams. I will forever be grateful for the opportunities I have had to learn and grow but I yearn for a place bring my own dreams to fruition. 
Today I can proudly say is mine. Just the excitement of creating this new business gets me out of bed in the morning. I am filled with excitement and there are enough hours in the day to spend researching and planning. As I was reading the Boston Business Journal I saw a quote today that made me laugh. She has been running her own specialty pie company for close to ten years and it said "Someone once told me that 90 percent of running a small business is crisis management and the other 10 percent is fantasizing about not running a small business." I am excited to not be at that point just yet. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment